Monday, September 6, 2010

Longchamp Le Pliage

Over the weekend, after months of hesitation, I impulsively purchased a Lonchamp Le Pliage tote.  I had seen these bags in different colors and sizes all over Bangkok and became really curious about the line simply because of its sheer abundance.  At first, I thought the bags looked really cheap, and I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they were so incredibly popular.  I simply did not understand the appeal.  Of course then I found out that they were made by Longchamp, which is a bit of a high end handbag brand, but they're still affordable because of the nylon material.. and, of course, they're French, which automatically makes these bags chic and fabulous.

I am ashamed to admit that I am a total victim of hype. When a product generates a lot of popularity and gets a lot of exposure, my initial thoughts and opinions suddenly go flying out the window. Really sad. But there it is. I simply love the idea of celebrating something with the masses. :)

With that said, I have succumbed to the Le Pliage seduction.


I bought the medium tote because I thought the handles on the large version were just way too long and looked very unflattering on me. It looked like I was carrying a mini ship on my shoulders. I was happy to find out that the medium size is actually still able to accommodate my books for work. I bought it thinking I wouldn't be able to use it except for the weekends.

The Le Pliage tote just seems to be the perfect bag for someone like me who travels a lot. I love that it is so functional, you can take it anywhere and not have to worry about it getting dirty, stained or damaged because of the nylon material and the fact that it is not too expensive. However, at the same time, the design is also quite classic and elegant for a nylon bag. I really love its simplicity, and the leather flap and handles gives it such a nice touch. It goes with everything, and I can also fold it up which makes it incredibly convenient for travel. Oh, and it is super, super light!

The main reason I bought this bag, however, was the color.  I am a sucker for pink, and I had not seen this color on any Le Pliage bags before. They decided to add pink this season, and I love it! Now, I am currently obsessed. I wanna buy more colors, the graphite one especially.


I am also eyeing the large handbag with short handles.. maybe in grey?

Eek! A new obsession has begun..

UPDATE: I just used my bag for the first time today, and I LOVED how it felt. It's so lightweight and comfortable! It also rained tonight, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Definitely going back for more colors.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment